FAQ - Mini-Movers, Recreational Gymnastics, Parties and Camps
Mini Movers & Recreational Gymnastics
Does Metro offer a free trial class?
In order to protect the current students’ class experience, we do not allow any free trial class. Instead we have you register and pay for just 1 class, and if the first class isn’t what you expected, we will drop you from the class.
You are also more than welcome to come in and observe classes from our upstairs viewing area anytime. This gives you an opportunity to see the facility and watch a class in action to determine if it looks like a good fit for your child.
What if I miss a class?
Notify the office when you are unable to attend your regular class. Two this should say- ONE make-ups are allowed per session. Call the office to schedule your make-up. No refunds are given for missed classes.
What to wear?
Girls can wear a leotard, and/or shorts and a t-shirt tucked in. Footless tights are permitted. Boys can wear shorts/sweats with a t-shirt tucked in. Hair must be secured away from the face with binders and clips. Students are not allowed to wear jewelry, jeans, and dresses or chew gum. Leave all jewelry home along with other valuables.
Do I have to stay?
Parents should always wait until the teacher begins class. As long as we have a phone number to get a hold of you, you are welcome to run errands and return before you child’s class is over. All parents and family members observe our classes from our upstairs viewing area.
What should we do when we arrive?
- Have your child put there things into a cubby, shoes and socks off, and sit on the edge of the floor mat next to the cubbies and wait for the teacher to begin class.
- Children are not allowed onto the equipment or gym floor until the teacher begins class. (this should be bolded) No tumbling or horseplay while waiting.
- Students for all ages must wait inside the building until their ride arrives. Students should be picked up promptly following class.
What if my child is sick or injured?
Please keep sick children and siblings home. Students should report any accident or injury during class to the instructor. If an injury occurs outside of class, please call the office schedule a makeup.
Do you work with Special Needs Families?
We would love to set-up group instruction for your special needs child. This could include field trips or weekly classes. Please email us with your questions.
What about Field Trips?
Plan your field trip to Metro Gymnastics Center: Birthday Parties, going away parties, Girl and Boy Scout Groups, play day trips, preschool outings. Groups of 7 or more please.
Am I allowed out on the gym floor?
Due to safety and liability reasons, only enrolled students are permitted out on the gym floor except for our Toddler classes (see Mini-mover section). All parents and spectators can view the gym from our upstairs viewing area that also has TV monitors.
What do we do for Drop Off/Pick Up?
- Camp BEGINS at your registered time. Please plan on arriving promptly.
- Camp ENDS at your registered time. Please plan on picking up promptly. An additional charge of $5 will be assessed for every 30 minutes camper is here beyond registered camp time.
- When you drop-off/pick-up please go to the Event Room (next to Pro-Shop) to sign-in/sign-out.
Do you offer After Care?
Pre-Enrollment is required for Extended Care.
What about Snacks and Lunches?
- We provide healthy snacks at all of our camps. We attempt to make accommodations for children with allergies if we are told ahead of time.
- For all day events, lunches must be brought from home.
Does my child need to be potty trained?
- Yes, all event participants must be potty trained.
- For younger children, please send a change of clothes in case of an accident.
What do I BRING (or NOT BRING) to EVENTS?
What your child needs to bring EVERY DAY to camp:
- Backpack with name on the outside – This will help your child keep track of his/her things. Everything needs to fit in the backpack.
- A water bottle with child’s name on it. If you not provided we will have some available for purchase for $1 each.
- For FULL DAY EVENTS – a non-perishable lunch CLEARLY MARKED with their name written on the outside.
- NO ADDITIONAL SNACKS are required. Healthy snacks will be provided.
- DO NOT BRING – Money, toys or jewelry of any kind.
What if my child is sick or wants to go to Grandma’s instead?
While we understand that “things come up” we have staffing guidelines and ratios that need to be followed to ensure the safety of the children participating in the event. Please refer to our cancellation policy for more information.
- EVENT CANCELLATIONS may be made up to 48 hrs prior to event start for a FULL CREDIT of event fee.(credit on Metro Acct)
- Cancellations made LESS THAN 48 hrs prior to event start will be subject to a FAMILY CANCELLATION FEE (20% of event fee).
- “NO SHOWS” will be charged the FULL EVENT FEE. NO CREDITS/MAKE-UPS.
- NO REFUNDS GIVEN — CREDITS (if applicable) will be posted to your METRO ACCOUNT for future use.
Can I bring Food to the Party?
You can bring whatever you want to the party for eating or drinking for children and adults if you wish. (No alcohol allowed of course) Some order in pizza, some bring snacks etc.
Do you have a refrigerator and freezer?
Yes, we provide a refrigerator and freezer.
Can I come earlier than the 15 minutes allotted to set up?
Most likely there is a party before you so coming earlier will not get you into the party area any sooner than the 15 minutes. It only takes a few minutes to set up and decorate the tables. Then it is greet guests, give name tags and collect those release forms.
Can I add more time to the party above the 1 1/2 hr allotted?
This will have to be set up ahead of time and depends on other parties scheduled. If you go over the allotted time there is a $18.00 fee plus other unhappy customers who are scheduled for the next time slot.
Can the parent pick the activities for the children?
All activities in the gym are age appropriate to the Birthday Child’s age.
If the game or activity fits with what we have available then we will accommodate the best we can; We have had a few theme parties in the past and some who bring there own music.
Are parents allowed on the floor with the children?
For the safety of the children no parents are allowed on the floor.
Exception is the parent of the birthday party child who will take pictures and only after all quests have arrived.
What do you do in the gym?
We have four areas of activities:
- Swing for ages 9 and under, Ropes for ages 10+ with obstacle course.
Can I add more gym time?
Each party gets a max time up to 55 minutes in the gym and 30 minutes in the party space: any additional time must be set up ahead of time. The fee for additional time is $18.00 per every 15 minutes.