Get Up & Get Active at Seasonal Camps at Metro Gymnastics
At Metro Gymnastics fun is the name of the game for the whole family! Throughout the year, our seasonal camps offer a great chance for your kids to have some fun in a safe, active environment. Stop by or give us a call to find out about the upcoming camps!
While each camp is different, there are some general guidelines that apply to all of them. Below you will find some basic information that will help your child’s have the best possible experience.
What to Wear
- Please wear clothes for GYMNASTICS/ ACTIVE play.
- All long hair must be tied back.
- Activities are split between the gym and the camp/art room.
- For GIRLS: A leotard is perfect, if they do not have a leotard, a t-shirt/tank that can be tucked in with shorts/leggings are great too.
- FOR BOYS: A t-shirt that can be tucked in with shorts is great.
- Children will be divided into GROUPS based upon age/skill level.
- Requests may be made to be with siblings or friends, however, activities are planned to be age/skill appropriate.
- Requests should be reviewed and discussed with event staff.
- Specific Event activities vary from event to event.
All Activities will be directly supervised and may include.
- Play on the swings, pits, inflatable and trampolines.
- Instruction on the gymnastics events including bars, beam, floor, vault and rings.
- Arts, Crafts, Educational Activities.
Important Camp Information
What do we do for Drop Off/Pick Up?
- Camp BEGINS at your registered time. Please plan on arriving promptly.
- Camp ENDS at your registered time. Please plan on picking up promptly. A $15 flat fee will be charged if your camper is picked up more than 10 mins after their registered dismissal time. (Please CALL the office if extenuating circumstances arise)
- When you drop-off/pick-up please go to the Event Room (next to Pro-Shop) to sign-in/sign-out.
Do you offer After Care?
Pre-Enrollment is required for Extended Care.
What about Snacks and Lunches?
- Due to Covid restrictions, parents need to supply snacks for their camper. If attending ½ day provide one snack, and if full day provide 2 snacks. Please notify us if your child has food allergies so we are aware of differing circumstances during snack time and lunches.
- For all day events, lunches must be brought from home.
Does my child need to be potty trained?
- Yes, all event participants must be potty trained.
- For younger children, please send a change of clothes in case of an accident.
What do I BRING (or NOT BRING) to EVENTS?
What your child needs to bring EVERY DAY to camp:
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR CHILDREN 5 and older!
- Backpack with name on the outside – This will help your child keep track of his/her things. Everything needs to fit in the backpack.
- A water bottle with child’s name on it. If you not provided we will have some available for purchase for $1 each.
- For FULL DAY EVENTS – a non-perishable lunch CLEARLY MARKED with their name written on the outside.
- DO NOT BRING – Money, toys or jewelry of any kind.
What if my child is sick or wants to go to Grandma’s instead?
While we understand that “things come up” we have staffing guidelines and ratios that need to be followed to ensure the safety of the children participating in the event. Please refer to our cancellation policy for more information.
- EVENT CANCELLATIONS may be made up to 48 hrs prior to event start for a FULL CREDIT of event fee.(credit on Metro Acct)
- Cancellations made LESS THAN 48 hrs prior to event start will be subject to a FAMILY CANCELLATION FEE (20% of event fee).
- “NO SHOWS” will be charged the FULL EVENT FEE. NO CREDITS/MAKE-UPS.
- NO REFUNDS GIVEN — CREDITS (if applicable) will be posted to your METRO ACCOUNT for future use.
- Camp start and end times may vary from camps that are offered.